A standard monofocal replacement lens could be right for you if you want to achieve brighter and clearer vision, though you still may need glasses or contacts. This is because a standard monofocal lens replaces your natural clouded lens but only allows you to focus at one distance.
- Clinically proven to improve your vision
- Corrects cataracts
- Night-driving studies showed excellent night vision and limited distortions, like halos and glare
- Clinically shown to see well in fog or glare, even at night
A multifocal replacement lens could be right for you if you want to achieve clearer vision across all distances and reduce your need for glasses. This is because its lens is made up of a series of focal zones, or rings, that focus incoming light to help you see clearer across multiple distances.
There are several types of multifocal lens brands available including:
AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® +2.5 D IOLs with ACTIVEFOCUS™ optical design
- Great for people with active lifestyles
- Provides excellent distance vision and is designed to reduce dependence on glasses for near and intermediate distances
AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® +3.0 D IOLs
- In clinical trials, greater than 95% of people had 20/40 vision, and more than 93% of people who received it would choose it again
- Reduced dependence on glasses over a range of distance including near, far, and in between
- Night driving studies showed that people were able to drive with limited impairment
An astigmatism-correcting replacement lens can help you achieve clearer distance vision and reduce your need for glasses. This is because its unique shape enables light to focus on your retina, correcting your astigmatism and helping you to see clearly.
- The majority of people who chose AcrySof® IQ Toric IOLs no longer needed glasses
- Better post-op outcomes than standard IOLs
- More than 9 out of 10 people who chose AcrySof® IQ Toric IOLs achieved distance vision of 20/40 or better, meaning they could pass their driver’s license test in all 50 states and read most printed material
A multifocal toric replacement lens could be right for you if you want to correct your cataracts, astigmatism, and have an extended range of vision while addressing presbyopia. This type of lens is designed to provide you clearer distance and close-up vision and reduce your dependence on glasses.
- The AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® +2.5 D Multifocal Toric with ACTIVEFOCUSTMoptical design IOLs are the only lenses that are 100 percent dedicated to crisp, sharp distance vision
- AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® +3.0 D Multifocal Toric IOLs provide excellent distance vision but are also designed to provide near distance vision
How many of us have been told that if we cross our eyes too long, they are going to stay that way? While many of us figured out early on that this was a myth (perhaps to the displeasure of our parents), there are several other eyesight myths that are still widely believed.Details
Eyesight is one of your most important senses. It helps you maintain independence, complete work, and do other activities. However, many people need glasses to ensure the best possible eyesight. If you suspect you need glasses but aren’t sure, review these common signs.Details